こどもの家 父母の会からのお知らせ

≫2014年01月

2013-2014 1月クラスマザー会議事録

Please scroll down for English.

2013-14  1月クラスマザー会議事録

1 お餅つき大会のお礼と報告
<園長先生より>
・ 今年は安藤名人が不在だった分、いつも以上に皆さんの意識が高くなって、大会がうまく流れて感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。どのようにまわしていけばいいのか、わかったのは来年につながる大きな収穫でした。
・ 当日参加できなかった子供たちもいるので、余ったもち米と追加購入した分(もちつき大会経費として承認)を使って、全クラスで来週、もちつきをします。
<もち委員より>
・ 当日のチケット数 524枚、ドネーション金額 $983でした。 
経費$488.50を差し引き、$494.50が父母会の収入になりました。
・ ご父兄からお借りしたブレンダーが破損したので、弁償費用は経費として落とします。⇒クラスマザー会で承認されました。
新しいブレンダーは来年以降の餅つき大会の用具に寄付されます。
・ 詳しくは2月のクラスマザー会で報告します。
  
2 クリスマス会の感想、反省    (⇒は、出席者からの意見です。)
<クリスマス委員の事前準備について>
• プレゼント包装・キット作製は今年度も15番教室でクリスマス委員と有志の方とで行った。有志が多いと助かるので、来年度はもっと声かけをして、お手伝いしていただけると良い。
• 未就園児プレゼントは、今回はドネーションのお菓子でまかなえたが、毎年ドネーションがあるとは限らないので、来年度はある程度予算をとりたい。
⇒ 未就園児は在園児ではないとはいえ、在園児の弟妹が多いので、父母会から予算($50~$100)を出す。来年度もドネーションでまかなえたら、父母会費に返上する。 
⇒ 父兄からもお菓子のドネーションを募ったらどうか。
⇒ プレゼントの内容は、クレヨンなど日持ちするものなら、余った場合は他のイベント(運動会など)へまわせるのではないか。
<当日の反省と感想>
1)聖劇に関して
• 聖劇中、中央通路を使用禁止にするべきだと思う。聖劇で準備をしている先生方がやりづらそうだった。
• 写真係も、聖劇中は極力、中央通路で写真撮影は控えた方が良いように感じた。聖劇の流れを理解して、中央通路を使用する場面を知っておいてもらい、気をつけて撮影してもらいたい。
• 聖劇着替え後の、保護者への園児の引渡し場所は、リフレッシュメント会場ではなく、園庭にした方が良い。着替えて名札をつけた園児から順に園庭に出せればよかった。着替え終わった園児が持て余して、教室内で動き回っていたので、クラスマザーで「着替え&園児を見る」の両方をするのは難しかった。
2)祝会に関して
• 年少の席が 関係のない保護者でいっぱいだった。席をリザーブするためのサインが席の内側(真ん中の通路側)にしかなかったので、外側からは年少の席として確保されていることがわからなかったため、関係のない保護者が知らずに座っていた。
⇒ 外側にもサインが必要
⇒ 関連して、年少以外のクラスの席にも、「一般保護者席」だけでなく、クラス名も併記したらどうか。
• 祝会最中年長のすわっているときの態度がよくなかった。おふざけやおしゃべりが目立ったように感じる。
• 園児が衝立(最前列の席の前に設置してあるもの)に足を掛けたり、もたれかかったりしていたので(注意してもやめない)、ネジで地面に留められていたが、外れそうになっていた。 
• 後ろに座ると壇にのってない子供達は全く姿も見えなくて残念だった。せっかく他の家族(親戚)が観覧に行っても見えないのはとっても残念。
⇒ 各クラスの演目ごとに、該当の父兄が前で見られるように、座り変えることはできないか。
3)その他
• 年少はパフォーマンスのときに保護者が連れて行くと、保護者と離れるときに泣いてしまうので(当日の雰囲気もバタバタしているし)、2階で集まって先生が引率してくれるなど、保護者がいない方がもう少しまとまると思う。
• サンタさんが現れた後のプレゼントを渡すとき、混乱があった。プレゼントをもらう順番がとくにアナウンスされなかったため保護者がいつのタイミングでいけばいいのかわからず、こども達は待ちきれず混乱に。
• 外側から出てプレゼントをもらい、内側の通路から席に戻るとの流れだったが、外側の通路に来賓の席があったり保護者が立っていたりして通りにくく難しい。
• 日本語が分からない父兄の為にもプレゼントを渡す前に日本語と英語でも、順番と流れをアナウンスしてほしい。未就園児のプレゼントを貰うのを分からない父兄がいた。
⇒ (園長先生より)今年は各クラスの演目のあとに写真撮影時間を設け、全体に時間がおしてくるため、英語のアナウンスは省略する旨、事前に何度も周知しました。ご家族の中で徹底してほしかったです。
• パフォーマンス後の写真撮影が少し混乱していたように感じた。特に小さい赤ちゃんや未就園児がいる保護者は写真撮影に出てこられないという事があったので、来年からは前の列より順番にクラスマザーや役員などで誘導してもらってはどうか?
⇒ 写真撮影の誘導、場所の入れ替わりについては課題が残る。 「撮り終わった方は後ろの方に場所を譲ってください」等のアナウンスを入れるか。父兄の良識に任せるか。いずれにしても、後ろに行きたくても行けなくて立ち往生している人もいたので、ルートづくりが必要。
• 教会のリサイクル日と重なってしまい、ホール前に車が入ってきたり荷物を置いて行かれたりして、とても混乱し危険だった。クリスマス会の日時とイベントが重ならないよう、園と教会で連絡を密にとってもらいたい。
⇒ (園長先生より)事前に伝えていたにも関わらず、イベントが重なってしまったので、今後は重ねて確認するようにします。
• 今年度のお餅つき大会のように、カゼの流行などでボランティアに欠員が生じる事態に備えて、対策をとりたい。
<リフレッシュメントについて>
• 前年同様、リフレッシュメントはバトラースタイルでドーナツやスナックをお盆に載せて配った。また予備のスナックなどをテーブルの下に置いて随時補充し、問題なくリフレッシュメントを配ることができたと思う。
• スタバのレギュラーコーヒーの場所が一番混むので、ボランティア一人を担当につけ、カップにコーヒーを注いで渡してもらった。混雑緩和になったように思う。
• 今年度は企業や個人からのリフレッシュメントやプレゼントのドネーションを募ったところ、マフィンやおせんべいなどをいただけて、とてもよかった。来年度もできたら寄付を募りたい。
• 今年は3つのテーブルの配置がよかった。
<キット>
• 完成品のフォトオーナメントに名前がないものが結構あったので、来年度は説明を徹底したい。
• 今年は献金袋用のマジックテープをキットに入れず、必要な人は装飾品の箱からとってもらったので無駄がなかった。
• 幾留さんの手作り教室には年少組の保護者が多数参加し、好評だった。来年度も状況に応じてお願いしたいです。

<その他クラスマザー会で出た意見など>
• 年少クラスでは泣いている子を無理やり置いて席に帰る父兄があったが、父兄も一緒に舞台に出るように誘導する担当者を、舞台そでに配置してはどうか。
⇒ (園長先生より)子供が泣いたら父兄も一緒に舞台にあがってもらうように、リハーサル後の説明会でも話していたのに残念です。泣いている子とその父兄が舞台そでで立ち往生し、後ろの子供をブロックしていたと、先生方との反省会でも話題にあがりました。
• 年少クラスの発表後、父兄と一緒に席に戻ることになっていたが、アナウンスが日本語だけだったので、日本語のわからない父兄の子供が置き去りになっていた。出入り口が開いているので、外にでたりしたら危険。
• 英語と日本語の逐次アナウンスが、時間の関係上難しいようであれば、今年度採用したプロジェクターを使ったプログラムに簡単な注意事項を日英で載せてはどうか(保護者の写真撮影のタイミング、サンタさんのプレゼントのクラスの案内など)。
• 演技中の撮影を禁止して、別途写真の時間を設けたのは良かった。演技後の拍手が大きかった。
• 本番での撮影禁止が決定したのが遅かったので、リハーサルには来なかった人がいた。リハ前に本決まりになっていればよかった。
• プロが撮影してくれたのは良かった。
• クリスマス会の写真は一部WEBにアップされています。パスワードはKNIです。
• サンタさんからのプレゼントを配る順番について、年少は演技が終わってからの待ち時間が長いので、一番に配ってはどうか。
⇒ 年少は、もらってからの時間が長くなると開ける可能性が高いのでは?
• 園児席の長いすが、グラグラして危ない所があった。設備のチェックをしてほしい。⇒ (園長先生より)修繕をお願いします。
• さくら組の聖劇で、「やどや」役のみ衣装がないので、作ってもらえないか。
⇒ 幾留さんが作製してくださいます。

3 日本語CPR講座開催のお知らせ
CPRとファーストエイドの講習会を行います。
・ 日時 2月5日(水)および7日(金)9時~12時
・ 場所 教会15番の部屋
・ 講師 中坂 琢さん
・ 料金 1人につき$40(チェックのみ)
・ 定員 各12名
・ 申し込み 1月22日(水)~1月31日(金)
・ 受講希望の方は、アテンダンスシート横に募集用紙を置いておくので記入してください。チェックは、青いボックスに入れてください。
・ 希望者が多い場合は、開催日を増やす可能性もあり。少ない場合は、1日のみの開催になる可能性もあります。
・ 開催日時はれんげ、すみれ組のある時ですが、通常の11;30降園時間以降、講座終了時間まで、園で延長保育してくださいます。その他の組の方が受講される場合、人数によっては子供を園に預けることも可能なので、ご相談ください。(連絡先 マードック愛(さくら組) aifujisaki@me.com)
・ 認定証はでません。認定証が出るクラスを希望する人が多ければ、講師と園長先生と相談することもありうるので、ご連絡ください。

4 その他、お知らせなど
・ 「あきらさんの料理教室(日程は未定)」のボランティアに1名欠員がでたので、募集しています。野口まいさん(うめ組)か、板屋会長までご連絡ください。
・ 今年度も父母の会主催のバザーを3月頃に行う予定です。日程、詳細等が決まり次第、お知らせ致します。皆様の御協力、よろしくお願い致します。
・ 園で行われているファンドレーズについて(Tシャツ、スクリップ、アップルマウンテン等)、父母の会主催のファンドレーズイベント(餅つき大会とバザー)と同様に、収益金額を報告して頂けると、協力したいと思う保護者のモチベーションが上がるのでは、という提案が父母の会よりありました。

きく組のストマックフルー流行について
・ 現地校では、「発熱・下痢・嘔吐の場合、24時間、登校させない」ルールがあるが、こどもの家でもガイドラインを作ってほしい。(保護者ハンドブックには伝染病の際の記述はあります。)また、以前、体調が悪いのに出勤されていた先生がいたが、先生方にも病気のときの対応を、厳しく徹底してほしい。
・ きく組では半数近くが休み、園で嘔吐して早退した子もいた。登園したときには元気だったので、その段階で流行のことを聞いていれば、手洗いなどいつも以上に気をつけて予防できたのではないか。
・ 例えば、欠席者が半数以上になった場合、学級閉鎖になるのか。
⇒ (園長先生より)日本では学級閉鎖になりますが、こどもの家では複数クラスとっている子も多く、クラスを特定できないので、クラス単位の閉鎖は考えません。 

5 ファンドレーズより
・ 1月22日~3月1日までSCRIP申込を受付けます。春休み前にお届け予定です。
・ 3月、Tシャツ申し込みを始めます。サイズと色について、2月のクラスマザー会でご意見をうがかいたいと思います。

6 園長先生より
・ クリスマス会、おもちつき大会とも、事故なく喜びのうちに終えることができ、感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。皆様のお力添えなくしてはできませんでした。本当にありがとうございました。反省点は、できるだけ改善して、次につなげたいと思います。
・ 1月のことばは「どうぞ」です。
・ 1月21日(火)から春休み前まで、個人懇談を行いますので、是非お申込みください。今年は、日時の決定方法が変わります。
1)アテンダンスシート横にカレンダーを設置するので、希望する日時の欄に名前を記入してください。
2) 園児が持ち帰る「個人懇談のお知らせ」の、キリトリセンより下の部分にカレンダーに記名した日時等を書き込んで、園に提出してください。
3) 懇談日時の調整は、カレンダーを見て、ご父兄どうしでお願いします。
4) 遠方から通園している方など、事情がある方は日時を融通しますので、ご相談ください。

                                                  
Summary of 2014 January Class Mother Meeting

1. Summary of Mochi Festival

• Mr and Mrs Ando were not able to to come this year, but because of the situation everybody worked harder and everything went very well. We now know how to handle everything on our own so it was a great learning experience for all of us.
• There were some kids who were not able to come to the festival, so we will be making more mochi next week in all classes. We will use the leftover mochi rice and additional mochi rice purchased (approved as mochi festival expense).

• Tickets sold: 524; Donation: $983; Expenses: $488.50; total revenue for the Parents Association was $494.50.
• A blender borrowed from a parent broke during the event, and we would like to pay for the damage out of the festival expense. ->approved in the Class Mother Meeting.
• For the details of the festival we will report in the February Class Mother Meeting.

2. Summary of Christmas Program (=> denotes opinions heard during the meeting)

• We wrapped the presents in a Room 15 with the Christmas committee members and other volunteers. We should ask around more for volunteers next year.
• For the presents for younger kids not yet enrolled in KNI, we were able to give them the snacks donated from various sources this year but we won't know how much we can get next year. We should count it in the expenses next year in case we need to purchase them.
=> Although those kids are not in KNI, most of them are the younger siblings of the KNI kids. Parents Association can offer $50 - 100 for it. If we get donations next year, the money will be returned to the PA.
=> We could ask the parents for snack donations.
=> We could ask for non-perishable items such as crayons. If we have left overs we can use them in other events such as Undokai (Sports Day).

1)Christmas Pageant
• During the Christmas Pageant, we should not block the center aisle. Teachers seemed to be having a hard time preparing for the performance with people in the center aisle.
• Photographers should also try to avoid taking pictures from the center aisle during the pageant. We should let the photographers know when the kids will be using the center aisle and have them try to avoid being there when it is time for the kids to walk in.
• The meeting place for parents and kids after the pageant should be the school yard rather than the refreshments area. Those kids who had finished changing into their own clothes had to wait to be escorted out to the refreshments area, and many of them started being restless while they wait. It was very difficult for the class mothers to watch them and change other kids at the same time.
2)Christmas Celebration
• The seats for Nensho (youngest kids) parents were taken by others. The sign to reserve the seats were only on the center aisle side, and those came in from the other side were not aware that those seats were reserved.
=> We need to put signs on both sides.
=> How about designating parents' seats for each class?
• During the celebration the Nencho (oldest kids) did not behave well. They were chatting and fooling around.
• Kids sitting in the front row were putting up their feet and leaning against the partition and did not stop doing so even they were told not to. Partition was bolted on the floor but they were coming loose.
• On stage: It was very difficult to see the kids who were not on the steps from the seats in the back. People had asked their relatives come to see the performance but some of them were not able to see the kids they came to see.
=> How about changing seats for each performance so the parents and relatives of the kids performing on stage will get to see them up close.
3)Others
• Nensho (youngest kids) have hard time parting with the parents when they walk together to the stage area. It will make it easier for them to be on their own if the parents leave sooner. Perhaps we can gather the kids in a room on the 2nd floor and have the teachers escort them down to the stage area.
• There were some confusions when Santa appeared. There was no announcement to inform the order of the kids going on stage to get the presents from Santa, so the parents were not sure when to take the kids to Santa. Some kids were frustrated by the wait.
• To receive the present from Santa, kids were supposed to come in from the side aisles and exit through the center aisle. However, there were special guest seating on the side and also there were many parents standing in the side aisles, which made it very difficult to walk through.
• We want announcements in both Japanese and English. Some non-Japanese speakers had hard time understanding what is happening and when to take the kids to Santa.
=> (Encho-Sensei) Because we had the photo time after each performance, we were not able to do bilingual announcements due to time constraints. We informed the parents many times before the event that there will be no English announcements. I wish they had communicated better among the family members.
• Photo time after each performances seemed to create a bit of confusion. Parents with babies and younger kids were not able to come up to the stage. Perhaps class mothers and PA board members can guide them.
=> We need to think about how to guide the parents to go in and out during the photo time. Should we make an announcement such as “Please allow other parents to move forward when you are done taking pictures”? There were people who had finished taking pictures but unable to move out because of the huge crowd. We need some kind of rule and guidance.
• The day of the event was also the recycling day for the church. There were cars coming into the area in front of the church hall and people were leaving recycling items there. KNI should better communicate with the church so that the events will not coincide on the same day.
=> (From Encho-Sense) We did inform the church well before the Christmas Program, but unfortunately the events were scheduled on the same day. I will double check next time.
• We need to think of a contingency plan in case there is a situation where many of the volunteers are not able to work (like what happened in Mochi Festival this year with the flu outbreak).

• To serve food and drinks, we had people walk around with the food and drinks on trays. Also, we had extra food stored underneath the serving tables so we were able to replenish them efficiently.
• Starbucks regular coffee is the most popular item of all, and this year we had one volunteer standing there to pour coffee in cups. It helped in reducing a long line.
• This year, we asked for donations from businesses and individuals, and we were able to get rice crackers and muffins. We should ask for donations next year as well.
• The placement of 3 serving tables were good this year.

• Some ornaments did not have the name on them. We should make sure everyone knows to put the name on them next year.
• Instead of including velcro in every kit, we asked those who need it to take it from a box. It reduced wasting of unused velcro.
• Mrs Ikudome's ornament making class was a great success. We should plan it again next year upon request.

• Before the Nensho class performance, there were parents who left their crying kids behind and went back to their seats. We need to have somebody standing there to tell the parents that it is okay to go up on stage with the kids if they are having a hard time separating.
=> (Encho-Sensei) We did inform the parents during the rehearsal that they can go up on the stage with the kids if it is hard separate. I heard from teachers that there were some parents with crying kids blocking the way for others and that created a problem.
• After the Nensho class performance, there was an announcement in Japanese asking parents to come and receive the kids, but those kids with the non-Japanese speaking parents were left there. Because the doors to outside were open, they could have ran outside and be in a dangerous situation.
• If the time constraint prevents bilingual announcements, maybe we can use the projector to include some simple guidance in both Japanese and English (when for parents to come forward to take pictures, how to receive Santa's presents, etc.)
• It was good to forbid taking pictures during the performance and setting some time aside for picture taking. Applause after the performance sounded louder.
• Because we were not informed that the picture taking is not permitted during the actual performance until later, some people did not come to the rehearsal. It should have been decided before the rehearsal.
• It was really nice to have the professionals take the pictures/videos.
• Some pictures have been uploaded on the KNI website. The password is KNI.
• Because the Nensho kids perform first and they have the longest wait time, is it possible to give Santa's presents to them first?
=> If they receive the present first, they will need to wait longer to open the presents. That would be difficult to do for nensho kids.
• The Innkeepers in the pageant did not have costumes.
=> Mrs Ikudome will make costumes for them.

3. Japanese CPR Class
We will have a CPR and First Aid class in Japanese.
• Date: 2/5 (wed) and 2/7 (fri) 9:00 – 12:00
• Place: Church room 15
• Instructor: Taku Nakasaka
• Fee: $40 per person (check only)
• Max: 12 each class
• Registration: 1/22 (wed) – 1/31 (fri)
• If interested, please sign up in the list next to the attendance sheet. Please put the checks in the blue box.
• If there are more people interested, we may add more classes. If not too many people are interested, a class maybe canceled.
• While parents are in the CPR class, school has agreed to watch the kids in Renge and Sumire until the class is over. For the parents with the kids not in Renge or Sumire, school can also watch them during the CPR class depending on the number of kids requesting to be cared for. Please contact Ai Murdock (Sakura) at aifujisaki@me.com. for details
• You will not get certified by attending this class. If there are enough people interested in having a class with certification, the instructor and Encho-Sensei could discuss the possibility of providing such class so please contact us as well.

4. Others
• We are looking for one more volunteer for the “Akira-san's Cooking Class”. Please contact Mai Noguchi (Ume) or PA President Tomomi Itaya.
• We are planning to have the KNI Bazaar hosted by the Parents Association around March. We will notify everyone when the schedule is determined. Everyone's support for this event is deeply appreciated.
• For the fund-raising events hosted by the school (Apple Mountain, T-shirts, scrips sales, etc): There was a suggestion from the PA to disclose the details of income and expenditures for these events as well, just like how the Parents Association reports its income and expenditures for each fund-raising events hosted by them (Mochi Festival and Bazaar), in order to motivate more parents to participate in the fundraiser.

Stomach Flu Outbreak in Kiku Class
• In local schools, there is a “24 hour fever-diarrhea-vomit free policy” where kids having those symptoms will not be able to go to school until they are clear of those symptoms for at least 24 hours. We would like to have a clear guideline for illness. (There is a note in the Parents Handbook for contagious disease) Also, when teachers are ill, please have them rest at home and not come to school.
• In Kiku, half of the class were absent. Some kids came to school feeling fine but later started vomitting in class and went home early. Perhaps we could have been more careful about washing hands to prevent the outbreak when it first started.
• If more than half of the class is absent, will the class be canceled?
=> (Encho-Sensei) In Japan the class will be canceled when more than half the class is absent, but in KNI many kids are taking multiple classes and it is very difficult to determine in which class the illness started thus we do not cancel classes.

5. From Fundraising
• We will sell scrips from 1/22 – 3/1. Scrips will be delivered before spring break.
• We will start taking orders for T-shirts in March. I would like to ask for your opinions on the color/size in the February Class Mother Meeting.

6. From Encho-Sensei
• Both Christmas Program and the Mochi Festival were great success without any trouble or accidents. Thank you very much for your support. We will take all the suggestions made this year to improve upon next year.
• January's Word of the Month is “Dozo (Please)”.
• We will have Parent Teacher Conference starting 1/21 (Tues). To sign up for a convenient time, please do as follows:
1)There will be a calendar next to the attendance sheet. Please write your child's name in the desired time/date.
2)There will be a parent teacher conference confirmation sheet in you child's folder. Please write down the time/date that you signed up for and return it to school.
3)To rearrange the time/date, we ask the parents to discuss among themselves.
4)For those coming from far or have other special reasons, please contact me and we can find a good time/date for you.
  


 | HOME | 

こどもの家


new entries


categories

父母の会より Parents Association (49)
ファンドレイズ Fundraising (2)
イベント event (0)
未分類 etc. (0)
父母の会役員メンバー紹介 PTA members (3)
父母会とは(What is PTA?) (1)
行事役員より (0)
クラスマザー会議事録 (5)

calender

12 | 2014/01 | 02
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -

archives


search