こどもの家 父母の会からのお知らせ

≫2013年10月

2013-2014 10月クラスマザー会議事録

Please scroll down for English.

1.行事・ボランティアについて
a.行事役員、各行事リーダーの紹介
・クリスマス委員 ウイリアムズ玲子(リーダー)
       コッパーズ恵里、加藤千恵子、たぬまゆきえ、ひょうちかこ 
・もち委員 ガダス季子(リーダー)
      山本公恵、門間直美、ビショップ千榮里
      浅井美恵、ピアス陽子(スーパーバイザーとして参加)
・運動会委員 板屋智美(会長・リーダー)
       マードック愛(副会長)モーティマーラム藍(副会長)
       Luna Cariaga、マーフィ朋子、シャムハートなみこ
b.その他のボランティア、バザーについて
• 翻訳12名(翻訳9名、Proof read が3名)
• 写真係8名
• 園整備4
• あきらさんの料理教室5名
• バザー16名
c.クリスマス委員より
• 現在こどもの家が所有しているクリスマスツリーの老朽化のため、ドネーションを募っています。ご家庭で不要になったクリスマスツリーがありましたらご連絡をお願いします。子どもたちの手作りオーナメントをかけるツリーですので、7フィート(約210cm)をお願いしています。
• クリスマス会当日に振舞われるリフレッシュメント用に、企業からの食べ物やお菓子のドネーションも募っています。チップス、ペイストリー、ドーナツなど寄付して頂ける企業、お店等をご存知の方はお知らせください。どうぞよろしくお願いします。

2.父母会費の集金について
父母会費は現在85%(約$2270)集金されました。(日本語学校含む)今年は全体で約$2730の集金予定です。
父母の会は父母会費によって運営されています。3大行事の予算も父母会費から出ており、年末の先生方、教会関係者などへのサンキューカード、ギフトなども父母会費から出ています。父母会費の繰越金はほとんどない状況です。昨年のもちは当日のドネーションなどで餅の費用が出ており、余った金額+バザーの売上で震災の義援金、園へプレゼントをしました。そのため、父母会費の徴収はとても大切ですので、どうぞご協力お願い致します。

3.名簿・緊急連絡網について
• 茶話会での確認、変更をもとに、近日中に新しいクラス名簿がクラスマザーよりメールにて送信されます。
• 緊急連絡網も園で作成中です。出来次第、園より配布されます。
• 今後の変更は、各父兄が園にある変更届に記入し、園長先生に直接提出してください。
• クラス名簿の変更のある月のみ、クラスマザーからアップデートされたものがメールにて配信されます。

4.各クラス、茶話会の報告、園への質問、意見など
クラス名簿・緊急連絡網について
• 緊急連絡網とクラス名簿を使い分けたい。緊急連絡先の番号は、本当に緊急の時にしか使ってほしくない。
⇒ 個人的に園長先生に伝えてください。
• 名簿に複数のメールアドレスと電話番号(例えば日本語を話さない母親と送迎をする祖母の両方)の連絡先の掲載はして可能か?
⇒ 全体行事や英語版もあるので、もっと園のHPを利用してはどうか。
家庭内で「実際に送り迎えする方(祖母など)」、「送り迎えはしないが実際の両親」の両方の連絡先を載せるのは混乱するため、連絡先はどちらか一つにし、双方の連絡は家庭内でお願い致します。
新年度の登録について
• チェックを受け取っていないというトラブルがあったので今後受領書を発行してほしい。登録料だったので月謝袋のハンコなどすぐに受領されたかの確認をされないまま数ヶ月経っていた。お金、チェックを受け取ったらすぐに受領書を(メールでもいいので)発行する方向で考えてほしい。
• 登録完了のお知らせが新学期間際すぎるので、もう少し早い時期にしてほしい。希望のクラスに入れたのか分からないまま夏休みが過ぎ、新年度の予定の調整がつけにくい。
⇒ 現地校の調整に時間がかかっているようで、前日まで何人かの父兄から変更の連絡があり、それに対応するためには今の状況になってしまいます。ご迷惑をおかけすることは承知していますので、できるだけ早く対応させて頂きますが、どうぞご了承ください。
園内整備・遊具について
• 園庭にある三輪車や乗り物のおもちゃ、滑り台、テーブルなど確実に壊れているものは寄付を募るか、新しく購入を希望。また、三輪車は小さすぎて親が手伝わないと進まないものもあり、子供が自分で乗れるものにしてほしい。
• 砂場の横の木は冬になると葉がなくなる為、天気が良いと砂がとても熱い時があるのでテントなどの屋根をつけてほしい。
⇒ 暑いときは、砂場へテントを移したり、丸いテントを使用したり、その時に応じてやっています。
園庭の手洗い場の固形石鹸とタオルの衛生面について
• 外の手洗い場の横のタオルは手拭用?ドネーションなどで頻繁に新しくしてほしい。教室の水回りの備品(ソープ、洗剤、スポンジ、三角コーナー等)などは家庭でも予備も多いので気軽にドネーションしたい。
• 園整備の人にお願いし、外の手洗い場にポンプ式石鹸を取り付けてはどうか。
• 園庭にある手洗い場のタオルが汚れていることがあるので、どれだけ頻繁に換えていただいているのでしょうか。
• カメの飼育(サルモネラ菌)もあり、固形石鹸をポンプ式に換えてほしい。
• 小さい子どもは、ポンプ式を持ち運んだり、何度も押したりする事もあるが、先生方からちゃんと伝えればポンプ式でもできるのではと思う。
• 固形石鹸では、ばい菌が石鹸自体に残る可能性もあり殺菌力が弱い。特に小さい子どもは大人に比べて、菌に対する耐性がないので、病気にならないためにも、ポンプ式の泡タイプであれば簡単に押せる。衛生面でも少し改善される。
• 毎回同じ質問が出るということは、父兄は納得していない、改善してほしいと思うからで、固形石鹸が園の方針、教育上必要なら説明されるか、もしくは歩み寄りでポンプ式に換えるかが必要なのではないか。
(園長先生より)
 石鹸はポンプ式にすると、子供が持ち運んだり、紛失したりすることがあるため、固形石鹸にしています。タオルは毎朝担当の先生が取り替えています。また園庭整備、安全点検、朝の滑り台等の霜拭き等、毎朝時間をかけて行っていますが、お気づきの点があれば園長にお伝えください。
(園庭の大きい手洗い場へ、ポンプ式の石鹸が設置されました。)
カメについて
• 園にいるカメには子ども達がとても喜んでいて微笑ましいが、飲食をするテーブルの上をそのまま歩かせている点が少し気になる(サルモネラなど)。ダンボールを敷いたりなどして歩かせてほしい。
• 日光が十分に当たらないと甲羅干しができず、脱皮できないと病気になってしまう。今はあまり良い環境でない。日光に当てなくても育つようにUVライトを設置し、温度を常に70Fにキープした方がよい。
⇒ みどりカメの脱皮などの飼い方を聞き、園でできる限りの良い環境を整えてあげたいと思います。また子ども達への手洗いも引き続き指導していきたいと思います。
献金について
• 毎月の献金の行先について、卒園生個人と被災地を天秤にかけるのはどうか。
献金は今まで通りにし、友くんへは募金箱とするのはどうか。
さくら組の茶話会にて
• 今年さくら組は、ハロウィン敬老ホーム訪問で園からの補助を受け、バスを借りることになりました。1人$10、家族はプラス$5/Family 
• 園と現地校の終わる時期が違い、夏休みの帰国などで謝恩会、卒園式に参加できずに残念。年度初めに要望すれば全員参加できる時期にできるのではないか。
ファンドレーズについて
• ファンドレーズのTシャツについては、3歳児サイズは縮むのでSの購入を先輩のお母様方に勧められた。ファンドレーズの内容が多いため、消化しきれない印象もあり、毎月少しづつ教えていただけた方が参加する側も余裕ができる。
⇒ サイズに関しては、以前に年少組は小さいものが必要と要望があったので、トドラーサイズも揃えておいたのですが…年度初めに3種類のファンドレーズを一気に行ったのは、届く時期がクリスマス前になるよう時期も考慮して行ったが、今後はそれにとらわれず、父兄の方が参加しやすいように紹介していきたいと思います。
その他
• 入学式の写真のデジタルファイル(CD)を販売してほしい。
⇒ <後日、事務より補足>デジタルファイルは集合写真で扱いが難しいため、
プリント写真2枚目以降購入した際のディスカウントを検討して頂いています。
• 入園式、懇談会の時などボランティアで乳幼児を連れてじっとしていなければならない為に、子どもが行事中にぐずって苦労しているお母さん方を多く見かけるので、そういった行事中にはボランティアで自分が子守をしてもいいという意見が上がったが、どうか?
⇒ 決め事にはせず、行事のお知らせなどのメールにボランティア募集中と書いたり、クラスマザーが誰か見てくれる人がいないか声かけをしてはどうか。ただ子供が小さいので、子供の方が親から離れるのが難しいのではという意見もありました。

5.その他、連絡事項など
a.日本語学校、おかしやしきについて(10.26.2013) 
いつもは日本語授業の一環(縦割り授業)としてやっていましたが、今年は卒園生・友くんの応援ということで大々的にしています。お店屋さんごっこのような言葉の練習、お金の計算(値段は子供達がグループごとに付けるため、同じ商品でも値段が違う)で、お菓子などを販売します。子供達が招待状を書き、お便りにはさみました。みなさん、ぜひ参加して楽しんでください。
b.マクロビオティック入門講座のお知らせ(10.23.2013)
園のサポートを受け、有志での開催です。興味がある方はぜひ参加してください。
サインシート横の用紙はベビーシッターが必要な人だけ記入してください。
c.駐車場での安全面においての注意と呼びかけ
• 教会ホール横のパーキングで、駐車中の車がスピード発進し、子どもが轢かれそうになるということがありました。園のゲートを出たら駐車場ですので、十分気をつけてください。
• 冬に駐車場で杖をついて散歩している叔父さんがいたことがありました。暗くなると見えにくく危険です。気をつけてください。

6.ファンドレーズより
 こどもの家HPのファンドレーズ覧で、スクリップ一覧表+追加希望リスト(PDF)から選べるようになっています。追加希望は記入欄も設けていて、例えばAmazonの$25x4枚分でなく$100分x1枚が欲しいという事もできます。毎月10-15人定期購入する人やクラス内で○○を○枚、毎月購入になればリストに付け加えることも可能です。スクリップはクリスマス前までにお届け予定です。どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

7.園長先生より
 毎月の献金について。ししおり小学校の校長先生へお手紙を差し上げ、今も気持ちだけはずっと続いていること、友くんの保険が下り一件落着すれば献金はそちらに戻すこと、今回に限り、献金の方は友くんの方へ支援したいということを伝えました。友くんがリハビリを始める一歩をやっと歩きはじめた今、また、日本よりいらしたお母様が24時間つきっきりで大変な思いをしていらっしゃる今、お金の事でリハビリを続けられないというのはとても悲しいことです。今は全面的に支援してあげたいと思います。どうぞご理解ください。
 今年は生ごみの回収率がとても良かったです。皆さん、生ごみを細かく切って持ってきてくださり、ありがとうございました。生ゴミを混ぜている時に、感謝の気持ちでいっぱいになりました。皆様のご協力で生ごみ回収は終わり、大根畑が完成しました。本当にありがとうございました。お米のとぎ汁は、引き続きよろしくお願いします。
 
以上


Summary of October 2013 Class Mother Meeting
1. Event Committee / Volunteers
a. Event Committee Members and Leaders
• Christmas Committee:
Reiko Williams (Leader), Eri Koppers, Chieko Kato, Yukie Tanuma, Chikako Hyou.
• Mochi Committee:
Kiko Gaddes (Leader), Naomi Monma, Chieri Bishop.
Mie Asai and Yoko Pierce (Supervisors)
• Sports Event (Undokai) Committee:
Tomomi Itaya (Leader), Ai Murdock, Ai Mortimer-Lamb, Luna Cariaga, Tomoko Murphy, Namiko Shamhart.

b. Summary of Other Volunteers
• Translation: 12 (9 translators, 3 proof readers)
• Photographers: 8
• School Maintenance: 4
• Cooking Class by Akira-san: 5
• Bazaar: 16

c. From the Christmas Committee
• Our Christmas trees are getting old and we would like to replace them. Please contact us if you have any trees that you maybe able to donate. We will be hanging the handmade Christmas ornaments for the kids, and we would like them to be 7 ft (120cm) tall.
• We are looking for any business that maybe able to donate food and snacks which we will offer as refreshments during the event. If you know of any business that maybe interested in donating chips, donuts, pastries, etc., please let us know.

2. Parents Association Fee Collection
As of today, we have collected 85% (about $2270) of the total PA Fee. This includes the Japanese School. We are expecting to collect a total of $2730 this year.
PA is operated by the fee collected from the members. We use the PA fees to fund the 3 major events and to purchase thank you cards/gifts given to the teachers and Church members at the end of the school year. We do not have any leftover from the previous school year, since we used all leftover + proceeds from bazaar for the Great Earthquake relief and end of the year gift to the school. For last year's Mochi event, we used the donations collected on the day of the event to fund the supplies needed for making mochi. It is very important that we collect the fees from all the members so that we can fund all these important events. Thank you for your cooperation.

3. Class Roster / Emergency Phone Tree
• Class Mothers will update the class roster and email it to all parents soon.
• School admin is working on the emergency phone tree. It will be emailed to all once completed.
• If there are any changes in the student information, parents should fill out the change of information form and turn it in to the director (Encho-sensei).
• Class Mothers will email the updated class roster to the parents of the class only when there were changes to the class roster.

4. Summary of Class Meetings (Sawakai), Questions and Suggestions to School, Class Roster and Emergency Phone Tree
• I wish to use separate phone numbers for the class roster and for emergency. I do not wish to be contacted on a certain phone number unless on a true emergency.
→ Please personally discuss with Encho-Sensei.
• Is it possible to add multiple contact information on the class roster? For example, if the mother doesn't speak Japanese and the Japanese grandmother is the one who brings the child to school, can we put both contact info on the roster/emergency tree?
→ For non-Japanese speaking parents, we encourage them to check our English website for various school activities and information.
→ It will be very difficult and confusing for us to have multiple contact info per child. For those families which the “parents” and “the one who brings the child to school” are different, we ask them to decide within the family who will become the main contact.
Registration Process
• I want the school to issue a written receipt of checks received. I paid the registration fee by check, and few months later I was told that they do not have a record of receiving my check. I would like the school to consider issuing a written receipt (email is fine) with all monetary transaction.
• I want to receive the enrollment confirmation earlier. Because we do not receive the confirmation until the very end of the summer, we do not know for sure if our children were able to get in to the desired class or whether we should look into other schools for the new school year.
→ We have children who need more time to make arrangements with their other schools (kindergarten, preschool, etc), and in order to accommodate them we are unable to send the confirmation until later in summer. We are aware that this is causing trouble and we are trying our best to make the process faster. Thank you for your understanding.
School Maintenance / Playground Equipments
• There are many riding toys (such as tricycles), tables and slides that are broken. I wish them to be replaced, either by donation or purchasing new ones. Also, there are some tricycles that are hard for kids to ride on their own. I wish all riding toys to be the ones that kids can ride on their own.
• The big tree next to the sand box loses all the leaves during winter and the sand gets very hot on sunny days. Please put up a tent of canopy over the sand box.
→ We are using tents and canopies when needed.
Bar soap and Towel by the Outside Sink
• There is a towel next to the outside sink. Is it to wipe hands? They look quite old, so please replace them frequently with new towel by asking for donations, etc. Also, we all have extra supplies of soap, sponge, and detergents at home, so please feel free to ask the parents for donation.
• Can we ask the maintenance volunteers to set up a liquid soap dispenser by the outside sink?
• How often are the towel by the sink changed? Sometimes I see a dirty towel hanging there.
• Especially with the kids playing with turtles (chance of salmonella), it is more desirable to use liquid soap than bar soap.
• It is true that kids tend to use too much soap with liquid version or take the dispenser away from the sink and play with it elsewhere, but I think teachers can teach the kids not to do so and they will learn.
• With bar soap, germs might stay on the surface and also the disinfecting power is weak. Foaming soap in a pump dispenser is more hygienic and easy for kids to use.
• This question regarding bar soap vs liquid soap is raised every year. This is probably because the parents are not satisfied with how the school is handling the problem. If the bar soap is necessary, the school needs to explain why they think bar soap is better than liquid soap.
→ From Encho-sensei: We like to use bar soap because kids always take away the soap dispenser and often gets lost. Towels are changed by the teacher in charge every morning. We take extra care in playground maintenance, safety check, and daily cleaning of the equipments such as slides in the morning. However, if you notice anything that needs improvement please let me know.
(note: we now have a liquid soap pump dispenser next to the large outside sink)
Pet Turtle
• It is nice to have a pet turtle, but I am a little concerned about having them walk directly on the table that kids eat at (for salmonella, etc). Please place a cardboard or something on the table and put the turtle on it.
• Turtles need to bask in the sun or else they will not be able to shed the shell and become sick. They are not kept in the ideal condition now. We should put a UV light next to the tank if they are not in the sun, and the temperature should be kept at around 70F.
→ It is very nice to learn about how to care for turtles. We will do our best to improve the condition they are in. We will also teach the kids to wash their hands thoroughly after handling turtles.
Regarding Offering
• In deciding where to send the offering, I wonder if it is feasible to choose between an alumnus and the disaster relief. What if we keep the offering as is (to disaster relief) and set up a separate donation box for Yu-kun?
From Sakura Class Meeting
• This year, with support from the school, Sakura Class will charter a school bus for the Halloween Elderly Home Visitation. It will be $10 per child, and if family members wish to ride the bus it will be $5 per family.
• Because the school year for KNI and local school end at different time, some kids plan to go back to Japan before the KNI ends and thus are not able to attend the graduation ceremony nor the thank-you party for the teachers. It might be good to ask everybody when will be the best time to hold those events so that more kids can attend.
Fundraising
• I was advised by other mothers that the T shirt size for 3 year old shrink a lot so I should buy S instead.
• There are too many fundraiser events going on at once. I maybe able to contribute more if they had only one fundraiser per month.
→ There were requests for toddler size for younger kids so I included them in the T-shirt sale this time. The reason why we had three fundraisers together is because I wanted to make sure the merchandise will arrive before Thanksgiving. From now on we will have fewer fundraisers at a same time so more people can participate.
Others
• I want to purchase the digital file (CD) of the class photo.
→ (from admin) Because the class photo includes everyone's image, it is difficult to sell the digital version. We will consider providing discounts for those who wish to buy more than one printed photo.
• During the Entrance Ceremony and the meeting following it, there were many mothers with small children who were not able to sit still and the mothers were having a hard time calming the children. What if we ask for volunteers to watch the kids during these events?
→ Instead of making it a formal job, if the mothers think it is feasible, I think they can have an informal discussions amongst themselves to help each other. However, small children may not be able to part from their mother so it may be difficult to do.

5. Others
a. From Japanese School, the Halloween “Okashi Yashiki” (10/26/2013)
We hold the Okashi-Yashiki event every year as a Japanese school's activity, but this year we are making it big as a fundraiser for our alumnus Yu-kun. Kids will learn how to speak to customers, calculate profits from selling snacks (price is determined by each group so the same product may be priced differently) . Kids wrote the invitations and they were included in everybody's school folder. We look forward to seeing you all there.
b. Lecture on Macrobiotic Cooking for Beginners (10/23/2013)
With the school's support, this event is organized by volunteers. This is a lecture on macrobiotic cooking and does not involve actual cooking in class. All interested are welcome to join, but please note that this lecture is only in Japanese. Please fill out the sign-up sheet next to the school sign-in sheet only if you need baby sitters during class.
c. Parking Lot Safety
▪ A child almost got hit by a car in the parking lot next to the Church Hall. Please remember that right outside the school gate is a parking lot. Please take extra precautions when stepping outside the school yard.
▪ There was an old man walking with a cane in the parking lot during winter last year. It is hard to see when it gets dark. Please make sure no one is around when you start your car.

6. From Fundraising
We are selling scrips now. You can choose from a list of scrips on sale, or you can request for more from the PDF file on the KNI website. We can also customize the denomination of the scrips, for example, instead of Amazon $25 x 4 you can request for $100 x 1. You can also subscribe to monthly purchase plans, individually or by class (please let me know how many of what per month). Scrips will be sent to you before Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation.

7. From Encho-sensei
Regarding the monthly offering. I have written a letter to the principal of Shishiori Elementary School. I told him that our hearts still go out to them, that we will be sending the offering to Yu-kun until his insurance situation is settled but we will resume our aid to them as soon as we know that Yu-kun is going to be fine. With his mother who came all the way from Japan to care for him 24-7, Yu-kun is finally starting his long journey to recovery through physical therapy. It will be very tragic if he needs to give up the therapies because of financial reasons. I would like to give him a full support from us for now. Thank you very much for your understanding.
This year we got a lot of support in creating compost. Thank you very much for bringing finely chopped vegetable and such. My heart was filled with gratitude while I was mixing them in the soil. With everybody's help, we have finished making the compost and our Daikon radish field is completed. Thank you very much for your help. We are still asking for your help in collecting the water from washing rice.

End

 | HOME | 

こどもの家


new entries


categories

父母の会より Parents Association (49)
ファンドレイズ Fundraising (2)
イベント event (0)
未分類 etc. (0)
父母の会役員メンバー紹介 PTA members (3)
父母会とは(What is PTA?) (1)
行事役員より (0)
クラスマザー会議事録 (5)

calender

09 | 2013/10 | 11
- - 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 - -

archives


search